Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have the R8000 router. I had a modem failure yesterday and

Customer Question

I have the R8000 router. I had a modem failure yesterday and I replaced the failed modem with a brand new NETGEAR 7550 modem that was provided to me from AT&T. When I connected the modem directly I was able to connect to the internet. When I connected the modem to the R8000 router, I lost my internet connection. I have read through the R8000 install manual for logging into the router and to check the settings. There doesn't appear to be any settings that are not configured properly. Can you help me with this bridge modem compatibility issue. Given that bot devices are NETGEAR products I would have assumed that the compatibility process would have been very straightforward. I'm not finding that to be the case. I was told to contact you by AT&T and I've been very frustrated with the process as I have not been able to make the connection work. I am a technical person which makes it all the more frusttrating.
Please providfe some help and guidance to resolve the problem. Thanks!
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can someone please respond back to me acknowledging that the problem is being worked on and the next steps
Expert:  Tim replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call.