Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I have a small business with multiple access points. we have

Customer Question

I have a small business with multiple access points. we have documents that need to be secured and shared internally and externally under confidentiality. I think we are implementing MS 365 business soon and wanted to get an idea about which service and possible add on services for file sharing that we should consider.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you are going with Office 354 then you will want to look at using onedrive which is Microsofts version of online file storage.

It is secured by your office user account that you will be getting when you setup with Office 365, and you will get 1TB of space with each user as part of office, so works out pretty cheap.

you can see this here

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/plans/

But as your going with office 365 then this makes the most sense as its the most integrated.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what kind of security is there for sharing documents and data to external parties. This is very confidential info. is it sent encrypted. are they allowed to view? are there many options? the microsoft people suggested sharepoint but i don't quite understand that yet.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You would share a link to them, and they would via the document but it would not be encrypted.

But the file is not sent, you send them a link and its with that link they can view the file.

The options for this is limited to this or you would download the file and email it to them.

Any files you store in the cloud has an inherent risk, but this is down to the strength of the passwords of your accounts.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you