Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator
Experience:  Information Technology Specialist
62741268

I have a BILLION 7402 NX wireless modem router connected to

Customer Question

Hi, I have a BILLION 7402 NX wireless modem router connected to Vodafone isp and have a static IP.
I also have a TP LINK TL MR3020 Portable wireless modem and connected to this is a Huwaei 4g usb modem, both modems are working correctly on there own.
I wanted to combine these two devices so I have purchased a TP LINK TL R470T load balancing router to combine the two.
My question is, what is the best way to do this, can my existing billion modem still handle the adsl side as it says in the tp link instructions to set up according to my isp.
I haven’t started ant connections yet and await your help or suggestions.
Peter
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 10 months ago.

Those instructions that refer to set up according to use are there in case you are using the TP link as your modem. Connect the ether net from a port on your Billion, then connect your computer via ether net to one of the Lan ports, then log in to the TP link and choose Quick Set Up. Then when it asks for connection type choose Static ip.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry I replied somewhere else, I dont quite understand your answer, I will be connecting 3 devices the Billion, 4g Modem and the TP link load balance router, could you advise further on the connections etc. Thanks

yes, connect the tp link to the existing device that you are using for the internet connection or the one that you are going to use, then connect your computer via ethernet to one of the Lan ports, then log in to the TP link and choose Quick Set Up. Then when it asks for connection type choose Static ip.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** connect the Wan port of the TP Link Balanced router to the billion lan port, and what about the 4g modem, will this connect to the second wan port on the TP Link Balanced router ?

you will only connect the 4g modem to one of the routers.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, the idea is to try and combine my adsl with 4g and have the load balancer do its job say I get 3mb from adsl and 10mb from 4g- the TP insructions state I connect the 2 modems to the wan ports -

Yes,that will work.