Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Network Administrator
Experience:  if you have any question about network system and security, contact me
76221641

My macbook pro loses internet connect every couple of

Customer Question

My macbook pro loses internet connect every couple of minutes. Osx 10.7.5 happens w wifi & ethernet from several different locations. All other devices connect fine
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, try the following solutions one at a time, testing the connection after each.

First let's reset the PRAM on the computer.

1) Shut down the computer.
2) While the computer is shut down, locate these keys: command (apple button), option (sometimes called alt), P, and R.
3) Turn the computer on, then press and hold Command-Option-P-R before the gray screen appears.
4) Hold these keys down until you hear the startup sound a total of 3 times.
5) Release the keys.

Next, let's try a Safe Boot. This will perform several clean up procedures that may be affecting the machine's performance and startup.

1) Shut down your computer completely.
2) Start up the computer and immediately after the startup chime, press and hold the Shift key
3) Once the gray Apple and progress indicator appear, release the Shift key
4) Note: Startup will likely take substantially longer than normal (20 - 30 minutes)
5) Shut down the computer.

Now let's check / repair the disk permissions :

1) Restart the machine.
2) Before you have opened any programs, go to Applications / Utilities / Disk Utility.
3) Run the "Repair Permissions" after selecting your Hard Drive from the list on the left.
4) Shut down the computer.
5) Plug the router and modem's power cables back in and allow them to both boot to ready.
6) Restart the computer and test your connection.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry Mr. Med, I am still testing. The 1st reset didn't work. Seemed a little faster maybe but after 15-20 got hung up again. Just tried rebooting in safe mode. Had issues because in safe mode Content Barrier wouldn't let me connect at first. Now I am connected, but I got to wait it out to see if it lasts. Sometimes I get a good 20 minutes tops. Sorry for the delay. Thank you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have been in safe boot for awhile & everything seemed good! I tried to send an email & it got hung up for awhile. There weren't images or anything. While that was going on it slowed down my internet but eventually loaded which is different from prior. The email eventually sent. Internet in general seems to be better for now. Should I try the disk permissions thing?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 10 months ago.

Yes please try to repair the disk permission too

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today, If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars below, positive ratings are appreciated. If you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. We value you as a customer and very much want you to be satisfied.

regards,