Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

Firestick can't fine network after re-booting both tv, modem

Customer Question

Firestick can't fine network after re-booting both tv, modem and stick.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is the problem only with your own network? Does it see any other nearby networks at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Network working on Computer wi fi . Firestick gets "STUCK" on can't local network.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is also working on cable...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the same tv and network - another Fire Stick works fine. Already set up for the same network.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My head hurts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Network connection lost" Froze there and cannot move to any other choice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What I'm asking is if your fire stick, when scanning for networks, can see any others besides yours (neighbors network etc)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The stick finds NO signals even though there a seven to pick from. Searches a long time, then says it is having difficulty and lost network connection. At that time the screen freezes up and no button starts anything going again. DONE.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay thank you for confirming, John.

That, unfortunately, points to an internal hardware fault, meaning the wifi transceiver (adapter) in the stick is defective.

A few things to check first, before confirming that:
Do the full factory reset from the setup menu, several times.

Make sure you're powering it from the wall plug and not just from tv usb.

If still no change, then the stick itself is defective, and in that event, your best recourse will be to contact Amazon warranty service directly, at 866\321\8851. Even if past the warranty, Amazon usually has very good customer service, and will often offer a credit/trade in toward a new or model.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.