Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

Cannot flash NSA320, system light just flashes. have usb

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, cannot flash NSA320, system light just flashes. have usb formatted to fat but doesnt see or update bios whenturned on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When turning on the system light just flashes. i can see ituseing ip 192.168.1.5 when searching network but can see it with nsa320 software or browser.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Network Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That it uses 192.168.1.5 still, is a sign that the basic networking functions, in hardware at least, are still 'alive'. But, having the Zyxel box not respond to NSA320 software nor to browser, means it has a serious internal problem.

In short: it's only responding at the network hardware level. Either the disk or disks have a problem or else the control circuitry that turns disk reads into network messages and responds to queries and requests from the network (from web browser or NSA320 software.)

It is of course most likely that a disk has gone bad in it. How old is the Zyxel NSA320 box in question? I ask in order to determine whether it is still covered by warranty terms.