Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

Can I load ubuntu linux on my new macbook pro? I am learning

Customer Question

Can I load ubuntu linux on my new macbook pro?
I am learning ios app programming, but also want to have a dual-boot
ios/linux capability.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes, it is possible to install Ubuntu on Mac. But the problem, it is not a easy process to do the dual boot installation of Ubuntu and Mac. I'd not recommend to do it. It may mess up Mac partition and it may create future problems like when you repair or reinstall OS X. It is easy to install Windows and Mac dual boot. But Linux dual boot is a very difficult task.

However you can easily install Ubuntu Linux on your Mac using virtual machine applications like Parallels Desktop

Parallels Desktop 11 --> http://www.parallels.com/

With Parallels, you can run both Mac and Ubuntu Linux at same time and this is the best option to do without messing the partition of OS X.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.