Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

Have a DVD R/W Ram Drive with IBM Record Now with Sonic SW

Customer Question

have a DVD R/W Ram Drive with IBM Record Now with Sonic SW installed on my IBM - 8122-35U using MS, The software for this DVD was part of the IBM Preload installed in 2004. It's current capability includes only burning of music or data filed and does not have the capability to burn video slide shoes. I apparently can not now be upgraded to have this capability since the web page to accomplish this no linger exists. I checked the 'Sonic" web site to see if it was available there and they are in a different business now. My question is what software can I get to give me this capability that will be compatible with my system
Category: Networking
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I understand that you are wanting to use the Sonic SW but I am not sure if you mean on a new computer or the exact question. Are you able to describe the issue in more detail?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This not a new computer it is a tower installed in 2004. The Sonic SW is original in stalled in the preload and never updated. If it can not be upgraded, what new SW do yo recommend
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Are you looking to purchase a software program or find a free program?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Purchase a new program if current SW can not be upgraded
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Just to confirm we are on the same page -- You keep saying SW; What is the full name? (not the abbreviation)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Soft Ware
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

In the future, please do not abbreviate software using SW because it will confuse the technicians.

I would recommend using Nero for burning, etc

Take a look here: https://www.nero.com/enu/products/nero-burning-rom/

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Very good
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Please use the actual rating system which is at the top or bottom of the screen

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you are having issues -- You will need to select the option and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.