Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, PC Technician
Experience:  AAS degree, in Computer NETWORKING
63493917

Having problem with bluetooth connection .Using btd400 with

Customer Question

having problem with bluetooth connection .Using btd400 with windows 7.cannot get bluetooth to activate under windows. drivers seem to have installed ok, when i use windows add device it doesn't appear to acknowledge any bluetooth connection
would appreciate any help you can give me,,
thnks
***** ******* at **********@*******
Category: Networking
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Bill, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

The Bluetooth device needs to be put into scanning mode, also known as pairing mode.

.

The Bluetooth dongle that is attached to your computer, also needs to be in this same mode, pairing mode.

.

So what is the Bluetooth device you are trying to connect to the computer? Is it a mouse? A keyboard? What is it?

I don't mean the actual Bluetooth Dongle.

.

Maybe a Remote Session would be the easiest way to solve this. Are you up for it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am trying to use an ausdom m04 headset . I have been able to get into pairing mode but windows 7 is not picking it up, the btd driver has been installed problem seems to be linked to windows 7 ability to look for bluetooth devices in th add device mode

Try this:

Uninstall the drivers, then RESTART the computer.

.

After restart, REinstall the Bluetooth drivers, then REstart the computer AGAIN!

.

After restart try to see if the Bluetooth works.

Restarting the computer causes other programs to like...get out of the way....so to speak.

.

It might be another program interfereing.....or you could be right...it might be Win7.

.

Either way, the process of: Uninstall restart, Reinstall restart, should help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that. I uninstalled the driver reinstalled and tried asecond time and used system restore and then went back and reinstalled and it didnt help. could be anothe program interfering we can go remote and you may be able to see

Yeah, I would love to try the remote too.

.

Give me a few minutes to pull the User manual for the BTD400, and I will be back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok

Do you have a SmartPhone that has bluetooth built-in? So that you can try to pair the headset with a smartphone, just to make sure the Bluetooth in the headset is working.

.

Also, the procedure to PAIR the headset to Bluetooth looks a little......uneasy.....are you sure you are doing it correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there

Yes, I am still here

.

Did you try to pair the headset with a smartphone? Did it work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it did not work

So, the headset will NOT pair with a smartphone? What type of smartphone did you use? Be specific!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not pairing anything with a smart phone, I am only trying to pair with the m04 headset
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am pairing with the pc running windows 7

I KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!?

.

I am asking you......DO YOU HAVE A SMARTPHONE? If so, what make and model is it?

.

The reason I am asking about a smartphone, is that a smartphone has Bluetooth built-in. And the M04 Headset will PAIR with the smartphone. Why would be do this? To make sure that the M04headset is working properly. If the M04headset will NOT pair with a smartphone, AND it will not pair with your Computer dongle....then it would be safe to say, there is something WRONG with the headset.

.

Have you EVER used this M04headset before? Has it EVER been pared with ANY Bluetooth Device? Has it ever worked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a land phone the number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no it is fresh out of the box i still think he prob;em is limled to windows 7 and my ability to get bluetooth activated,,.. i have tried to find blluetooth settings on windows 7 and have not found them

Okay? Not sure why you would post your phone number in a public chat window? I did not ask for it.

.

Moving on. If you don't have a SMARTphone (im sure you know what a smartphone is) then just say you DONT HAVE ONE. Simple.

And we can move on to the next task.

.

Okay......I think the issue is with the headset.

.

Did you read the instructions about HOW to PAIR the headset TO the computer?

Im going to post an image of the instrutions for the headset, and I would like you to take a look at them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am able to put the headset into pairing mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have looked through the instructions and have followed them and that is how i got the headset into pairing mode

instructions

Alrighty.......Fair enough.

.

And the headset is flashing RED and BLUE sequentially? (Pairing Mode)

IM waiting for a download to finish before i start the remote session.......as it woudl degrade the connection if we did it now.

.

It should be dine in the next 15 minutes......are you able to wait......and then we can do the remote session.

.

YOu have convinced me that the headset.......is in the proper mode, and now we need to work on the computer side.

Sorry for the delay.....are you ready for the Remote Session?

Hello.....are you there?