Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I'm looking solution to extend hdmi cable via cat5/cat6

Customer Question

I'm looking for a solution to extend hdmi cable via cat5/cat6 interface. I looking for 2 solutions where cost is associated.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Randy IT Tech replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

What is the distance that you are looking to extend these cables?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Its 50 feet, 125 feet, 200 feet and 300 feet.

okay, I recently did a High Def set up for a church that had very similar needs with their media system. Everything that you need is on this link>>PLEASE CLICK HERE<<<

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I dont like that company. Any other options?

yes, you can get some good equipment for this at Amazon>PLEASE CLICK HERE

Click here for the 300 feet solution>>TRULINK<<

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I would like a professional grade solution. If you don't know of one please opt out of the question.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I apologize for any delay in getting you an answer from an appropriate tech. I am a home theater and networking systems integrator and have installed hundreds of high grade hdmi over cat6 repeater devices.

There are several options, and any pro grade system will be able to accommodate 300ft (max), but keep in mind that the best performance will be predicated on having a quality cat6 STP cable with proper terminations.

The best extender for this purpose, in my professional opinion, is a product you won't be able to buy directly yourself (only through an authorized dealer):

http://www.snapav.com/p-1521-kit-320-1cat-sm-irf.aspx This is the base product for 1080p and infrared transmission, and will run about $450.

If you need a higher end model that supports 4k, ethernet, bidirectional communication, etc, you're in the $700 range.

These are pricey, but I've installed many of them and never yet had one fail. They are a true pro-grade product.

For another pro grade option, that you may be able to procure yourself, I'd recommend the Atlona products: http://amzn.to/1RMUrSu (note this is a receiver only, and would require a transmitter unit or matrix assembly on the other end). If you're interested in this type of setup, I can explain more.