Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, PC Technician
Experience:  AAS degree, in Computer NETWORKING
63493917

My UMC202HD cannot detect my device as an audio input even

Customer Question

My UMC202HD cannot detect my device as an audio input even though the device settings show the UMC202HD to be working properly. What can I do to fix this?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Did you download the Drivers and INstall them? Im assuming you did....but i just need to check.

Also....what DAW are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've installed and uninstalled several times. I think once I can get sound fro my mic input on UMC202HD to broadcast on my speakers, it will be easy at that point to successfully record with "Audacity" my audiobook software.I can see the device in the device manager, and it says it is working properly, but the mic isn't broadcasting to the computer or the speakers.Audacity message is "Error while opening sound device. Please check the recording device settings and the sampling rate."DAW is Audacity and I'm pretty locked into using it based on its quality of sound for my audio books which will be sold on Amazon (therefore quality is critical).

It wont brodcast through the speakers......that is called pass through....and if you did that....you would probably get a ton of feedback.

.

Have you tried to see if you get any level input on your DAW?

.

Have you tried to record using yoru DAW, and the mic input.....i bet it will work.

.

But to just hear your mic through your PC speakers....you need to set it up as pass through.

.

Go to the properties of the Recording Inputs.

Did you have any luck in your DAW (Audacity) seeing the mic input levels?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem remains unresolved. Please assure that I am not billed.