Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My name is ***** *****. My security key has 60

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. My security key has 60 letter/numbers. Can I change it so when my family comes to our house and wants to use their tablets, Iphones, etc. I have a shorter security key to give them?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just got a new tablet and could not connect to our wireless router. It instructed me to press the button on the back of the router. I don't know what the name of the button is, but when I did that, the tablet was the only device that had wireless access. So I went on the vizio home page and it had this very long security code to enter. I have reestablished wireless connection on all of our devices but would very much like to shorten the security code. Is that possible?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Electronics Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your wireless router device?

Do you also a Window XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 computer, or Mac computer?

How did you go to the Vizio home page? Do you mean it does not let you change the security code / key at the Vizio home page?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.