Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I recently had my Lenovo laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and

Customer Question

I recently had my Lenovo laptop upgraded to Windows 10 and now I have issue's connecting to available Wi-Fi networks.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 11 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can you connect that laptop to internet using an Ethernet cable ?

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is a Lenovo Yoga and does not have an Ethernet port.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have actually tried to connect to two different Wi-Fi devices and after entering the passwords correctly it times out and does not connect. There are other devices that are connected to these devices.

Okay, press Windows Logo key and R key on your keyboard together. You will get open the Run command box. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and press Enter. You will get open the device manager window. Can you see any disabled devices or unknown devices listed there ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing indicates it is disabled.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You still there?

Okay, can you see the Wifi Adapter listed in Device Manager ? Is it Aetheros or Intel ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a Qualcomm Atheros QC61x4 Wireless Network Adapter
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did you receive the information?

Okay, please shutdown that system. Wait two minutes. Now power ON the system. Try to connect to WiFi. If the problem still persists, go to http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-13-notebook-lenovo and download the latest driver for Atheros Adaptor. Copy the downloaded file to the Yoga system and run it to install the driver. Restart the system and check the result.

Regards

Jins