Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I am trying to figure out if my computer or rather WHY my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi :-) I am trying to figure out if my computer or rather WHY my computer keeps showing that I have other users, and encrypted key cipher technology among other programs similar in nature, yet I never installed nor used anything like this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There are SO many numerous issues, here is an example - ONE of the many many items that continue to show up in my task manager as running is this:
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Networking Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: WPDBusEnum.....Portable Device Enumerator Service
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Windows does include some encrypted key technology. (But I'm not sure what specifically you are finding present.) In actual fact, Microsoft Windows being designed for many types of computer users, all in one product, means that many functions and processes and services are running that seemingly have no purpose to you. (And, in point of Services, can some of them be disabled without loss of function, especially if you never actually use that function or those functions of Windows.)

As for other Users... it depends upon what you see, and what you are referencing. It depends upon what Windows version you have, also. I presume that you have set Task Manager to show processes from all users, or the like.

But tell me more about your concerns. I can advise you what it means, whether it's normal enough (or not), and what to do about it if it isn't.