Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I changed routers in my office to the Airport extreme but

Customer Question

I changed routers in my office to the Airport extreme but not sure how to get my Ricoh mpc4000 to talk to it?
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** GeekGirl :). Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please keep in mind as we work together that it often takes more several steps and/or answers to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied. If I am unable to solve your problem, I will open it up to another expert who may be able to help. Your satisfaction is my top priority!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

I believe that you are going to need to access the network configuration menu within the Ricoh Printer. Is this something that you will be comfortable doing if I walk you through it? You will need to know the settings that you used with your Airport Extreme. The airport extreme and the Ricoh printer must be on the same network. If you were to remove the existing Ricoh printer from a computer on the network and try to re-add it do you see it as an available printer on the network?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am comfortable doing that
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can see it is available. The issue seems to be the printer isn't recognizing the new router...I think
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. Give me just a moment to conform that are no incompatibilities with the Airport Extreme and your Ricoh Printer.

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 11 months ago.

Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:

• The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
  • Processor
  • Memory