Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, PC Technician
Experience:  AAS degree, in Computer NETWORKING
63493917

I can't get my hp2015 to go back online
, my HP2015 is

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I can't get my hp2015 to go back online
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my HP2015 is wired network printer used by 3 different computers. Each of us have printed to it today, but now it says it is offline, can't get it back online
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Printers Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

So, the printer was working just fine, and NOW...none of the computers (3 in all) can print.

.

SO, heres the first thing i would try.....reset (power cycle) the network device that the printer is directly plugged into.....typically that is a small network switch. Or it could be the router. Either way.....do a power cycle on the device that the printer connects to directly with a network cable. Make Sense?

.

If that doesnt work....we can move on to other possible solutions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It did not work

alrighty, can you tell me what type of network devices you are using?

.

WHat i mean is.....the printer is connected via a network cable to a ....WHAT? What is this device? Make and model?

.

Also, have you tried moving the printer network cable to a differnt port on the network device?