Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I would like to get my previous email address back before I

Customer Question

I would like to get my previous email address back before I changed it to another email address just a little while ago on this Sunday, January 3, 2016. Is this possible for me to change back to the previous one? I did not mean to make that change. The change notification was sent to me in an email from Google.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it gmail email address?

What happens when you sign out the new email address, then sign back in your old email address?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not have a regular computer. I have a I phone that allows email and Google Internet to be featured. I do have a gmail email account on my Google smart phone. I inadvertently got my previous email account changed and did not mean to do that. The question I am asking is can I get my prior email address back. If someone sends me an email, I will probably not receive it due to this Google change that is confirmed in an email sent to my smart phone.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would rather not have a phone conversation because that would add more to the cost of the bill.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It would allow me to to log into the old email address. It keeps coming back invalid email address and password.

Are you having issue with gmail email address? Or something else?

Have you tried the Need help option, or forgot password ***** etc.? Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am having a gmail issue and the forgot my password ***** did not help me get my previous email account address back. I did receive a verification code of numbers in a text message. Tomorrow, I may call the Google customer service number to ask about it. They may say that it won't be possible to get the same gmail address back and that I will have to have a different one. I probably do already. I'm not sure what it is though.

I'm sorry. Google does not provide phone or live support. I will continue to help you here.

What happens when you receive the text verification code?

Can you please confirm the email address you are having issue with?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The email address I am wondering about rather it is still valid or not is***@******.***. I don't see how to use the verification code of numbers I received in a text message. I surprisingly got an email from My space. com indicating that it is a problem accessing my Google account. The text also said click onto URL and fill out a form. In the form, it said not to list an email address that has already been created. I am confused about this and wonder if filling out that URL My space.com form is reqired and what that is. How do I even know now what my official email address is and whether or not I can use the old one before the change occurred this Sunday Jan 3.

Do you mean you cannot access that gmail email address any more, i.e., you cannot read your email messages at the website www.gmail.com?

Usually, you would not follow any instruction from any message that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Do you have a phone number ending with two digits 08? If yes, what's the full phone number? And is it able to receive text messages?