Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I just updated my OS on my Dell, and I can't get the wifi

Customer Question

Customer: i just updated my OS on my Dell, and I can't get the wifi working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I updated from Vista to Windows 7. It's a Dell Studio 1747. This happened last time I did a fresh install, and I'm pretty sure it was a driver issue but I think I've downloaded them all and I've restarted the computer, but I still can't connect. It can't see wireless networks. I've checked to make sure the WLAN is enabled.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Networking Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Is it Canadian or USD?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can you connect that Dell system to internet using ethernet cable ? If so, can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins