Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

My name is ***** *****. I purchased a Samsung PN64E8000GF

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I purchased a Samsung PN64E8000GF Plasma TV from friends moving overseas and it works great, except that when I try to set up a wireless connection to my router, it searches for 30 seconds and then times out. Everything else in my house (laptop, cell phones, rokus, etc.) can find my wireless network but the TV evidently can't.. not sure how to get it to connect to the internet (I don't want to use a wired connection by the way).. can you assist with any input?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Manual says got to ***** screen. (Menu → Network → NetworkSettings) then select start. The Network function searches for available wireless networks. When done, it is supposed to display a list of the available networks. The problem is that it never finds any wireless networks and just times out, so I can't connect to a network to configure it..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi thereCustomer

There may be wireless interference, or the TV may be incompatible with your wireless security settings.

To get around this, you could use powerline adapters:

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG/

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance,

Pete.