Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a Bunker ll DVR security system with 8 cameras. I

Customer Question

hello, I have a Bunker Hill DVR security system with 8 cameras. I have a Zoom wireless router model ****** am able to see all the camera's on line using my laptop while sitting in another room of my house.
I want to be able to see my system from another location other than my own router and to do so I need to Por Forward them.
My DVR IP is ******** Using the CMD command and xxxxxxx my IPv4 address is ********* and default gateway is **********
Using "whatsmyip.org" it says *********
When I log into my router and get on the port forwarding page I have
This is what I was able to enter by using the manuals and help desk at Zoom. I am able to see the system from inside my house but when Im at work I cannot log into it. I also want to be able to use my new I-phone 6 so I can check the cameras while on the go. I was told to download the Apps called aSee and RxCamLink and cannot get either one to work as well.
The seller of the unit "Harbor Freight Tools" just flat out wont help me with this as they say they are not allowed to help do aything ast setting it up for home use.
Please hep me try to fix this,
Thanks
Chris
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After trying to figure this out for DAYS.... I have just figured it out.I am NOT in need of help anymore and thank you anyway.I had to enable a setting inside my Port Forwarding section inside my router and now it works using the aSee App.Thank You,Chris
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** think you deserve some sort of answer, even if you have solved the issue yourself.

If you need to view a DVR-and-cameras setup (or the video from the cameras) remotely from your local network, that is different and sometimes does not work (even when it does work locally) because the firewall in the router box blocks the video channel or 'port'. Port Forward settings, on the router box for your local network, can open that port and allow such distant/remote viewing.

Thank you for consulting the advisory resources of JustAnswer.com. I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.