Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Name's Rod Thanks. I'm trying to connect my smart TV to my

Customer Question

Customer: Name's***** trying to connect my smart TV to my wireless network. It's asking me to enter a PIN code to my wireless router. But the router does not show up as a device on my iMac.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Sony Bravia TV and a Westell router. Going through the network config prompts and I'm stuck at this adding the PIN code suggestion.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Networking Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Depends on how long actually.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you trying to connect the TV to your wi-fi / wireless network name?

Is the TV asking for your wi-fi / wireless network password?

Does it give you the option to enter your wi-fi/wireless password/key?

What's the model of your Westell router?

Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.