hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Techician since 2007
40928634

I have a new Comcast internet wireless system and this

Customer Question

I have a new Comcast internet wireless system and this computer will not connect to the system. How can I get it to connect to this system. My old computer with Windows 7 and another computer with Windows 8 had no problem connecting, I am currently connect to Verizon wireless and wish to use the new network, but not lose my Verizon wireless capability to connect.
Category: Networking
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 11 months ago.

Hello there what Operating System is this computer working on please Windows 7 etc?

​Can you see the name of your new wireless system showing in the list of available wifi networks please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On windows 7 I used a Verizon wireless mi-fi, which also works with my windows 10
The name of the new wireless sometimes appears but says it is not shared

Hello so this computer is Windows 10 and you can see your mi-fi and sometimes the Comcast listed in the available networks please?

To view the available networks in Windows 10, please single left click the little TV looking icon on the bottom right of your computer screen

​You should see your Comcast system listed and if you click it, you can join the system. You will need to enter the password ***** the box that appears to be able to join the system. The password ***** most probably be written on a label on the bottom of the wireless system itself. It will say WPA key or network key or some such.