Adam Ziolkowski
Adam Ziolkowski,
Experience:  Level 2 Desktop Technician at The hartford
67626734

I have a Samsung 4001 dvr. Wondering if there is any way to

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 4001 dvr. Wondering if there is any way to reset the passwords to factory default? The id-admin and password-4321 doesn't work
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the id/password ***** up the id is admin. When you hit ok to input the password ***** keyboard comes up. Tried typing in password ***** hit ok. It goes back to id/password ***** but it then shows password ***** screen much longer than what was input. Any other ideas or how to reset to factory default
Expert:  Adam Ziolkowski replied 1 year ago.

I would like to add my own possible way of getting the control of your Samsung DVR unit back again:

Turn the device Off
Wait 2 minutes
Press and hold down, at the same time, the three buttons for POWER, HOME, & VOLUME UP.
Keep holding those three buttons down for a while.
When the recovery menu comes up, select Factory Reset, and activate the reset using the HOME button.(This will erase everything)
Wait a bit... by and by the Samsung ought to be reset to factory defaults and be usable again, perhaps the admin password ***** once again be the default '4321' value also.

If this does not work, then you may indeed have no other options than to contact a dealership of this Samsung product... if you want the location or contact info for such a dealership, please let me know your locale by zip code or town/city and state, and I will research that info for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no "home" or "volume" buttons on either the front of the DAVE or the remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dvr

Give them a call at 1-***-***-****