Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, PC Technician
Experience:  AAS degree, in Computer NETWORKING
63493917

I am basic in terms of IT. I was wondering how/if you had a

Customer Question

Hi, I am basic in terms of IT. I was wondering how/if you had a manual and or detailed instructions for how I would go about configuring a Cisco switch utilizing a MacBook/Apple computer. In addition to that, what are the basics of networking that a IT manager would know how to do? Thank you so much!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Accessing a Cisco Switch is usually done form the Terminal session, which is done through the command prompt.

.

However, the newer Cisco switches have a GUI you can interface with using a built-in web server of the Cisco Switch.

So, what is the make and model of the Cisco Switch?

.

As far as the IT manager duties for networking. This can be VERY different depending on the company, and what the environment is, and the security protocols.

.

I was in IT support for a few years, and my manager almost never left his office, but was ALWAYS in the know!

.

Some basics would be creating and maintaining the network map, and to maintain the WiFi, and make sure users are able to access any network drives. But there are SO MANY MORE duties that, the basic terminology really doesnt apply.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need a more in depth/step by step instructions on configuring a Cisco switch. That was my primary question. It is very important. If you don't know how, could you please refer me to some who does know. Thank you so much!

okay, thats no problem.....what is the exact make and model of the cisco switch. Once i know that....i can build a step by step list for you.