Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My att wifi keeps reloading, sometimes every 15 minutes.

Customer Question

My att wifi keeps reloading, sometimes every 15 minutes. This id inspite my going to the fast service and 4 trips by att tschnitians yo my house and relocating my router to the room adjacent to my dvd. Can you suggest a remedy?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Carlamere replied 11 months ago.

Hello - My name is Jason. In all honestly, I am not sure that i will be able to solve your problem. I have been researching your issue on ATT forums and it appears that the problems that you are experiencing are effecting many others. All the same complaints that I read stated the same reset problems that you have and all had technicians dispatched with no luck.

With that being said - I found a few articles that stated shutting of IPV6 on the modem worked for them. What model modem do you have ? - If you don't know how to shut off the setting I can look it up in the manual for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I found 2 numbers on my modem , SSID:ATT 160 AND NVG5-10. Your help is greatly appreciated.George Knowles

Hello again - I have attached a link from Microsoft that gives details to IPV6 as well as how to turn it off. The site provides a download that you can run to automatically disable IPV6. I have not used this script before but it is from Microsoft so I trust it. I have outlined steps to perform this manually they can be used to ensure the Microsoft download worked . Try the Microsoft download and let me know if your problem goes away.

Click Here for the Download site

************************************************************

The steps to perform this manually are as follows:

• Click Start
  • then click Control Panel
  • Click Network and Sharing Center.
  • In the View your active networks area, click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
  • On the Networking tab, clear the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) check box, and then click OK.
  • Restart your computer

Hello - Have you been able to try shutting of IPV6 to see if it solves your problems ?