Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

Wps pin vizio tv
, sure - I'm trying to connect a

Customer Question

Customer: wps pin for a vizio tv
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure - I'm trying to connect a Surface Pro 3 (christmas gift for my sis) to the living-room tv, and I get this message 'Enter the WPS PIN for your television' 'You can find the WPS PIN on your Vizio-DTV-Sink or in the info it came with.'
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Networking Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The connection won't work this way, vizio tvs don't have a wps button and don't support direct (ad hoc) networks. You'll need to connect the tv and the surface directly to the home wifi network individually. If the tv supports it (must be a dlna capable smart tv) then it would show up as a remote display (connect to network display/projector) from the surface.