IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have a Samsung CLP-315 Printer. When I turn it on, I get a

Customer Question

I have a Samsung CLP-315 Printer. When I turn it on, I get a red light where there should be green, and it does not accept print commands. I have tried checking for paper jams, uninstalling and reinstalling the printer cartridges, and unplugging the printer and plugging it back in. Since there is no diagnostic on the printer, I have no idea what to try next.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****

I am sorry for the printer issue! A red light refers to a various printer problems. It could point to something simple such as jammed paper, open cover, etc; but it could also point to a hardware error, such as the fuser error.

For detailed description of the red light error, click on THIS LINK

My suggestion is to check under all covers to make sure no papers are stuck. Also, blow the dust away if you see it. Turn off the printer from the electrical outlet and then leave it unplugged for about 2 minutes. Re-plug it and turn it on. If you notice the printer (fuser) is not heating up as usual, it means it is a hardware issue and you will most likely have to have the fuser replaced. For that, you will need to contact the Samsung support.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,