Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

Need help connecting bunkerhill security system to app

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you trying to connect the Meye app to your Bunkerhill system?

If so, load the app.

Then enter a name (any name you'll recognize).

Then enter your IP Address for the Bunkerhill system or Bunkerhill DVR box. This is, if your handheld is in the same local network at the Bunkerhill system, the local IP Address of the Bunkerhill system. If you are distant from the place where the Bunkerhill system is, communicating with it through the internet, you need to enter the IP Address of your local network router as seen from the outside (this can be determined by various means. It is also known as the External IP Address.)

Then you enter the port number for communicating with it... usually the 34599 number is *****

Then enter the username and password ***** your Bunkerhill security system.

Then click BACK, bringing you back to the previous menu.

Then you can try connecting from there.

If a firewall blocks the connection, esp. if the port 34599 is blocked by your local router, then you will not be able to connect... and that will require adjustment of your router to pass that port number, otherwise known as port forwarding.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using the rxcamlink app. I can connect while on the WiFi, but not while I'm away. I done know what the external ip is. I've used ipchicken, but the ip given doesn't work. I bought a dyndns to keep it from changing but can't get dvr to recognize it, nor do I know how that changes things on app setup.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The ipchicken-obtained IP address would be the 'external' IP address, period.

Not useful locally.

The port needs to be opened for use on the router box. That is done by logging into the router's admin utility.

Then having Port Forwarding set up, with values:

Incoming

Port 34599

forward to XXX.XXX.X.X (the local IP address of your router.)

and those changes saved.