RobCat98
RobCat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

Im connected to wifi. When i go to register printer via

Customer Question

Im connected to wifi. When i go to register printer via router, the alarm light comes on. And the power button flashes green. I reset my printer but that still wont let me connect wireless it always repeats throwing the alarm light on when i set it up through my canon printer app.
Category: Networking
Expert:  RobCat98 replied 12 months ago.

are you using a computer or a phone and have you connected the printer to the wifi before trying to set it up on the phone if you are using a phone ?

if you are trying to set it up using a computer the canons want you to connect it with a usb cable first and then it will use the usb connection to set up the wifi and you can then disconnect the usb cable

i can help you a lot better if i knew the steps you are taking and what devices you have there. it might be faster on the phone if you want to pay a little bit more for a phone call.