Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Recently upgraded to Window 10. My Wi-Fi router doesn't

Customer Question

Recently upgraded to Window 10. My Wi-Fi router doesn't work. I suspect that it needs to be turned on some how in the computer software. Can you tell me how to connect to the Wi-Fi router?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 12 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. On you machine click the start menu button (the icon in the lower left) and select Settings. Then select Network & Internet.

What is showing for Wi-Fi status? Do you see wireless networks listed there (or at least your wireless network)

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Nothing shows for wireless network. Yet I have a wireless router plugged into the network modem via Ethernet.
Expert:  Byron replied 12 months ago.

Thanks. What is the brand and model number of your PC? I can check if Windows 10 drivers are available.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
HP Pavilion Slmline. Just upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago.
Expert:  Byron replied 12 months ago.

You can get the model number this way: right-click on the start menu button and select Run

The Run box will open. In the text area enter: msinfo32 and click OK

On the right-hand side, toward the top, of the page that opens it will show the system model number information.