Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I'm trying to connect my "old" Linksys Wireless-G Broadband

Customer Question

I'm trying to connect my "old" Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router, Model WPC54GS, S/N BG020E613336, purchased 10-22-06, to a Chromcast0052 on my TV HDMI/DVI IN 1 input.
I've inserted the Setup Wizard and gone through all the steps EXCEPT: I do not remember the password ***** from those many years ago when I used this on an old computer when I needed WiFi - and there is no place to click "Don't remember password" to get a new one. The Setup showed the P8Q4 message and the TV agreed: P8Q4 but will not display that now. It says it is connecting to Palma network.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you looking for your Wi-Fi/wireless password?

Can you please confirm your computer has Windows Vista? Is there any other computer that uses wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

The model WPC54GS is for your wireless network adapter on the computer. The router is differCan you please confirm your router model?

The model WPC54GS is for your wireless network adapter on the computer. The router is different. Can you please confirm your router model?

You can check at the back/bottom of your router for the exact model of it. When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.