hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Techician since 2007
40928634

I am having trouble getting the new Motorola WN825g to work

Customer Question

Hi this is Father Hunter I am having trouble getting the new Motorola WN825g to work with my Fujitsu laptop. It's connected to the computer now but the adapter is still downloading the software packets...is this normal? I've never had this to happen before. (Laptop has WinXP)
Category: Networking
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 12 months ago.

Hello Father are you able to browse the Internet to visit various websites please?

​Which "software packets" do you mean please Father?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Can't connect to Internet even though the computer says card is connected to Internet. Downloading the packets to obtain the IP address...the system we have is arris.

Thank you Father did anything lead up to this problem please?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It's slowly downloading the packets. I don't understand any of this.

Are you seeing any message please or just a flickering light that makes you think it is downloading packets?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No problems at all. This is a new adapter Motorola wn825g that I have in box never opened before. I had two of these but never had this problem before. It would install in just a few minutes.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm actually seeing it download the packets. Want me to take a photo of it and send to you?

Yes please you can use the paper clip icon in this message box to attach it thank you

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Here is the picture.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Did you receive the image?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Does the photo help?

Hello Father yes it looks like the WN825g ​is trying to get an IP address from your router. Please try rebooting your laptop with the WNg825g plu​gged in. Your laptop will you that a Wifi network is available to join. Please make sure that you join your network and not a neighbor. Then enter the Wifi password ***** please let me know if you can now connect?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I'm sorry but that did not fix the problem it went back to looking for the IP address.

Sorry for the delay Father. If a stranger comes to your home can they join your Wireless network by entering the password ***** you give them please?

Please try unplugging the router from the wall power outlet and wait 60 seconds. Then plug it back in and wait 60 seconds. If you still can't connect then please try reinstalling the drivers for the device.

Firstly please create a system restore point.

​Please try reinstalling the driver for the device which you can download from here. Press the green button to start the download and save it to your desktop. Firstly unplug the device and then go into your add/remove programs in your Control Panel and uninstall the previous version. Then install the programme that you just downloaded and saved.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No they can't get onto my laptop. Tried the other and it doesn't work.
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 11 months ago.

Hello Father. Sorry do you mean that they can't join your wifi network despite using the password ***** you gave them? I'm not clear when you say "they can't get onto your laptop

​Where did you get the wifi password ***** did you create it?