IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

DLINK ACCESS POINT 11AC WIRELESS AC1750 SIMULTANEOUS

Customer Question

DLINK ACCESS POINT 11AC WIRELESS AC1750 SIMULTANEOUS DUAL-BAND POE ACCESS POINT Is the router I have. Can I plug in a 3G or4g into it so that if I lose LAN signal it will switch to wireless input signal
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

Since D-LINK has two different wireless routers with similar name - AC1750 and AC750, please confirm whether yours is indeed model AC1750 or it is AC750.

AC1750 looks like a cylinder, while AC750 looks like a standard router with 2 antennas.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's model 8000 nighthawk 3200
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

I see you first wrote you had a D-LINK router, so I wanted to confirm if that was AC1750 or AC750. You now wrote it is "model 8000 nighthawk 3200", but that is a completely different router manufactured by NETGEAR, not by D-LINK.

I am not sure if you replaced the router in the meantime, but I will provide description for several routers, so you can check which one you really have.

#1

D-LINK AC1750 model DIR-868L

It looks like this - PICTURE LINK

The USB port on the back can be used for plugging a USB flash drive so that you can access its contents over the network, or for plugging a compatible USB printer so that you can print to it over the network. Plugging a USB 3G/4G dongle and accessing the wireless Internet is not supported by this wireless router.

#2

D-LINK AC750 model DIR-816L

It looks like this - PICTURE LINK

The USB port on the back can only be used for plugging a USB flash drive so that you can access its contents over the network. It does not support plugging a compatible USB printer nor a USB 3G/4G dongle.

#3

NETGEAR AC3200 model R8000

It looks like this - PICTURE LINK

It comes with 2 USB ports (1xUSB 2.0 and 1xUSB 3.0). Both USB ports support plugging a USB flash drive so that you can access its contents over the network as well as plugging a compatible USB printer so that you can print to it over the network. Although this is quite a powerful router, it does not support plugging a USB 3G/4G dongle.

Most home wireless routers do not support plugging a 3G/4G USB dongle.

If you would like to be able to use a 3G/4G wireless Internet by plugging a USB dongle, you need to have a wireless router built for that purpose. Here are some of them that support that function:

#1

TP-LINK TL-MR3420

Supports both 3G and 4G (LTE) dongles.

See more information on THIS LINK

#2

D-LINK N300 model DWR-116

Supports both 3G and 4G (LTE) dongles.

See more information on THIS LINK

#3

D-LINK Share Port Go model DIR-506L

Supports both 3G and 4G (LTE) dongles.

See more information on THIS LINK

I hope this information helps you!

If you require further assistance, let me know.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.