Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

My I-Pad has stopped getting service at my house and all

Customer Question

My I-Pad has stopped getting service at my house and all other devises have no problem with the wi-fi. I do not understand what could have gone wrong with my apple devise. Can you help me troubleshoot?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this first troubleshooting: Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted

, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

If it does not work, is there any error or message?

When you go to the Settings app icon, then tap on the Wi-Fi option, then what do you see there?

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
netgear08

In Settings, make sure Airplane Mode is turned OFF

, then in Settings -> Wi-Fi, tap on your network name, and connect, then let me know what it shows or says.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please try the following on the iPad:

1. Press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit.

2. Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted.

3. Go to Settings, make sure Airplane Mode is turned OFF.

4. Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, make sure Wi-Fi is turned ON.

5. Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

6. If it still does not work, disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet/wireless modem/router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect

, then wait a bit, then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi, then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.