Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

Let me type in all of the background please.

Customer Question

Hi, let me type in all of the background please.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UGH...the site hosed me...let me type this again.We have a Samsung UN40C6400 TV.Hardwired to an Arris SBG6580.A couple weeks ago, the internet connectivity went out on the TV...discovered via lack of access to Netflix, etc.All other devices working fine.Formerly set on Network Auto Settings...no longer doing it...switched over to manual.Current manual network settings...
IP Address - 192.168.0.55
Subnet - 255.255.255.0
Gateway - 192.168.0.1
DNS - 8.8.4.4 (have also tried 8.8.8.8)ANY THOUGHTS?
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. It appears that the Arris SBG6580 is a combination cable modem / router. Can you tell me how many devices are successfully connected to this device and automatically get their IP addresses? I want to start with simple configurations first, then add to it.

On your TV, are you connecting to the network wirelessly, or using an ethernet cable plugged directly in the TV? If you are wired in, I would suggest replacing the current ethernet cable plugged in to the TV with a different cable if you can. Also, can you ping network devices from your TV (if you aren't sure how to do some of this stuff, that's ok. Just let me know and I can help).

Once you answer my questions and I understand you network setup a bit better, we can proceed!

Thanks,

Gary

I do see where you stated that your Samsung TV is hardwired to your Arris modem/router. Can you substitute another network cable for the current one just so we can rule it out?

Gary

This is Gary from JustAnswer just checking in to see if you are still needing help with your TV.

Thanks.