Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

I JUST GJOT A NETGEAR ROUTER/MODEM N450. THE INSTRUCTIONS

Customer Question

I JUST GJOT A NETGEAR ROUTER/MODEM N450. THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE TELLING ME TO CONNECT A CABLE. I HAVE DIRECT TV AND NOT COMCAST. DID I BUY THE WRONG ROUTER/MODEM.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE BOX SAYS I NEED BROADBAND INTERNET SERVICE. I HAVE DIRECT TV(SATELITE). I AM VERY CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS BY CONNECTING THE CABLE PORT. I AM CURRENTLY ON AN ATT ROUTER. BUT I CANNOT GET WIFI. SO IS THIS NETGEAR COMPATIBLE. AND IF SO HOW DO I START
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. You bought a wrong device as you don't have Cable Internet, but you have DSL (Uverse) Internet. The device you bought is Cable wireless modem/router device (which you connect the tv cable to). What you need is to buy a DSL wireless modem/router device (which you connect the phone line to.)

- Here is AT&T internet contact:

http://www.att.com/contactus/index/internet.html?tab=2

Do you have any further question for now? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I'm sorry about the issue. You bought a wrong device as you do not have Cable Internet (like Comcast), but you have DSL (or Uverse) Internet (like AT&T). The device you bought is the Cable wireless modem/router device (which you connect the (TV) coaxial cable to). What you need to buy is a DSL wireless modem/router device (which you connect the (phone) RJ-11 cord to.)

Also, AT&T internet uses specialized modem/router, so please call AT&T for a wireless modem/router device; and they may replace your old modem with a new wireless modem/router device for free or with discount.

- Here is AT&T internet support contact:

Do you have any further question for now? And/or do you need anything else for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

If you have any further question or if you need help with anything else, please reply at the box below. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service for answering your question by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top of this page, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,