Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My wireless laptop is not printing to my wireless printer.

Customer Question

Customer: my wireless laptop is not printing to my wireless printer. The correct printer driver is listed but will not go online (stays offline)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: laptop was windows 7, downloaded windows 10 a week or two ago. All has worked until today. printer is HP Photosmart
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Networking Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: forgot to add the driver is a D110a series. I can wait a bit ... what is a bit?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the status of the wi-fi/wireless light / icon on the printer device?

If you have another computer or tablet, is it able to print?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Are you able to go to the wi-fi/wireless setting / menu on the printer and connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.