Josh, Helpdesk
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I am having a problem logging into the netgear router's

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, I am having a problem logging into the netgear router's address.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We are trying to use a Netgear n600 3400 as an access point. We have ATT Uverse as the main wifi router We ran an ethernet cable but cannot get to the Netgear login to change the IP etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Networking Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Do you know how long the wait will be?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the phone call via the computer or phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The system setup we have is a Motorola NVG589 which is the main router. We have a 2nd router we are looking to use as an access point in the garage Netgear N600 3400 I believe). We ran an ethernet cable from the Motorola to the garage but have not hooked it up to the back of the Netgear. We tried to log in to access the Netgears settings using routerlogin.com routerlogin.net and http://192.168.1.1/ we we can't access it. We got to the point where the admin and password ***** were requested but after inputting them, it just kept asking for that info again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday were were able to get into the Netgear settings but the step by step info on some sites was very confusing and it wasn't able work.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

A login prompt should pop up, to login use admin as the username, and password or 1234 as the password