Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, PC Technician
Experience:  AAS degree, in Computer NETWORKING
63493917

I'm trying to configure my Samsung SDR-5100 to work with the

Customer Question

Hi. I'm trying to configure my Samsung SDR-5100 to work with the remote app using port forwarding on my Uverse router. It was working on my previous Uverse router, but I just got a new one, and I'm unable to get it to work.
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've set the port forwarding settings as follows in the attached pic
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

.

I have reviewed your question, and just want you to know, that I am working on an answer for you. In my searching for your answer, it may happen that I will need more information from you and I may reply back to you before giving an answer. Please check back often.

The manual shows the UDP ports are higher.

Port (UDP) : Initially, <8000~8160> is set. It increases / decreases by 160.-UDP : It has less stability and faster speed when compared to TCP, and recommended for local area network (LAN) environments

your screen shot shows TCP/UDP with ports of 4505-4530.

The samsung device is showing it uses UDP ports 8000 through 8160

Also, i suggest you create a NEW rule in the port forward area, and make it for UDP, with the correct ports.

If you select UDP protocols and set port forwarding in the IP router, which then, creates an unstable network connection,. You should then configure the DMZ settings in the IP router.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** already attempted all of those things. Based on other forum posts, I tried settings for the 8000-8160 and 4505-4530 setting on TCP/UDP, TCP, and UDP. None of these work. I found a solution by using an IP passthrough set to the specific device IP for the DVR. That's the only thing that seems to work. I looked in my old router settings and discovered that I must have finally resorted to this solution last time as well.

Yeah my next suggestion was to power on the PREVIOUS router, and look through the settings...LOL

Good WOrk!

IP Passthrough.....thats certainly different than port forward....but still a solution. Bravo!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx

IP Passthrough means the AT&T supported CPE device terminates the DSL, authenticates with the network (Receives a WAN IP) and shares that IP address with a single device connected to the AT&T supported CPE equipment. This configuration is often times suitable for a business customer desiring to connect third party equipment to AT&T supported equipment. The "IP Passthrough configuration still allows AT&T support groups to access the AT&T supported equipment while allowing end-users to connect third party equipment in a configuration they desire. The "IP Passthrough" configuration will only allow one connection to AT&T supported equipment to be "unfiltered" or pingable from the WAN or internet side of the AT&T equipment (does not support multiple pingable connections).

Basically its going to give the SAMSUNG device a PUBLIC IP address, Pingable from the internet. JUST an FYI. VERY VERY hackable. Be careful.

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance.

.

Did you have any other questions?