Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

TO ADD IPAD TO MY NETWORK WHICH INCLUDES ONE HP OFFJET 6700

Customer Question

I AM PREPARING TO ADD IPAD TO MY NETWORK WHICH INCLUDES ONE HP OFFJET 6700 CONNECTED TO ONE DELL AND ONE IBM PRINTERS.
I HAVE JUST OBTAINED ONE APPLE IPAD
TWO WEEKS AGO I HAD DISCUSSED THIS QUESTION WITH ONE OF YOUR STAFF: RANDY
MY NAME IS JIM
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

To join the network:

Start the iPad, then when it is started and you are logged on (as needed, if needed) to the iPad, you tap on the

Settings

then choose the

WiFi

and then, from the list of nearby wireless networks that will be discovered, you tap on the one that matches your WiFi router's SSID ... and which probably will have the strongest signal strength as shown by number of bars... and it will connect to the network, or try to... you may have to enter the passphrase for your WiFi router also.

After that, you may print to the HP 6700 printer (since that model is an HP AirPrint printer)

by first selecting, in the app you are printing from, the Action icon or the

http://support.hp.com/doc-images/903/c04007256.gif

(left-pointing arrow) icon...

then you tap on Print,

then you tap on Select Printer,

then you ought to see your HP 6700 printer listed, and you tap on it / its name / its listing, there.

Then you either adjust Print Options, or just tap on Print to send the print job.

That ought to work, but let me know if there are any problems, and I will help you through the particular problem as needed.