Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

I am trying to connect an WD TV live to a Slingbox located

Customer Question

I am trying to connect an WD TV live to a Slingbox located oversea and after the login, I am getting this: "Http error retrieving source IR controls (code 16)"
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

You will need to add the WD TV as a new device on your Slingbox account:

1. Connect the cables from the new device to an available set of ports on the back of your Slingbox.
  2. Position an IR blaster bulb in front of the infrared remote control sensor of the new device that you're connecting.
    Note: The IR blaster cable that came with your Slingbox has at least two IR emitters on it (they look like little bulbs in a black plastic holder) so you can use an IR blaster cable for more than one device at a time. You can locate the IR blaster either above the infrared sensor or below it.
  3. Go to Setup on Slingbox.com.
  4. Login to your Sling Account, if you haven't already.
  5. Click Get Started.
  6. Click to select the Slingbox you want to configure.
  7. Click Configure Inputs from the setup screen that appears.
  8. Click the input that you want to configure.
  9. Follow the step-by-step instructions to configure your Slingbox for the new AV device.
  10. After you configure your Slingbox, you can switch between AV devices by clicking the Settings cogwheel in the lower left corner of the Watch screen, and then selecting the source that your device is connected to from Sources.