IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My internet on a new Toshiba satellite c 55 will not connect

Customer Question

my internet on a new Toshiba satellite c 55 will not connect
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

Please tell me if you are connecting your Toshiba computer to the network (Internet) using a network cable or wireless?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wireless. It does not stay connected. it will display limited connection but is not connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK. Please tell me which Windows version is installed on your Toshiba computer, and if you know, when this issue first started to happen.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I am not able to call you. We can continue using this chat.

Please tell me which Windows version is installed on your Toshiba computer, and if you know, when this issue first started to happen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 10. purchased October 30. Minimal time on the internet. Basically , no time on the internet. I work and will not be home unit 3 pm central time. I have had little to no time on the internet.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

In that case, I suggest re-installing the current wireless network drivers. It should solve the problem you are experiencing.

To do that, follow these instructions:

1. Move the mouse cursor over the Windows Start button located in the bottom left corner, right-click it and select Device Manager

2. In the Device Manager window, expand the Network adapters category

3. Now locate the wireless network adapter - it should say Intel WLAN or Qualcomm Atheros or Ralink or Realtek, or anything with the words"wireless", "wifi" or "wlan"

Once you have located your wireless network adapter, right-click its name and select Uninstall. Check the Delete the driver software for this device check-box if it is available

3. Confirm by clicking OK and when you see it has disappeared from the list, restart your computer

4. When your computer restarts, it will automatically re-detect the wireless network adapter and re-install the drivers

5. After that, re-connect to the wireless network and check how it is working

Let me know if this helped.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. If you do, let me know.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Were you able to read my messages sent to you?