Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

I have an Apple TV, Model A1469 I use Frontier Internet with

Customer Question

I have an Apple TV, Model A1469
I use Frontier Internet with a netgear router
When I try and connect the Apple TV unit it asks me for a password ?
I have never used a password, so what do I enter for a password?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Your appletv requires a wifi (or ethernet) connection, and wifi does need a password.

This is your home wireless network password.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1e81HWX

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,