Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

I am having trouble getting internet capability on my vizio

Customer Question

I am having trouble getting internet capability on my vizio tv through my netgear wireless router. My phone and laptop hook up to the wireless just fine. The tv shows that it is hooked up to the network however it is saying "download: not available." Please help.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

As the first step, can you remove the power to the TV (unplug it from the power socket) and Netgear and wait 5 minutes.

Then connect the power to the netgear, wait 5 minutes, then connect the power to the TV, turn it on and tell me if it now connects please.

Let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No good. It is still saying their is a network and it connects but it says download not available.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the model of the Vizio TV please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Vizio E43-C2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it is a problem with the router because the TV will hook up when I use the hotspot feature on my phone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

I want you please to reset the TV to rule the firmware out. It can be a corrupted lease.

To do this

Press the MENU button. The on-screen menu is displayed. 2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK. The SYSTEM menu is displayed. 3. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK. The RESET & ADMIN menu is displayed. 4. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK. 5. If you have changed the default parental control PIN, enter it now. The TV displays, "Select Reset to restore all TV settings to factory defaults and clear all account information." 6. Highlight Reset and press OK. 7. Wait for the TV to turn off. The TV will turn back on shortly afterward and the Setup App will begin.

Set it up, connect it and tell me if it then functions please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still doesn't work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you reset it in 3 minutes? Did it go through the whole setup? Channel scan and all as 3 minutes is extraordinarily quick and I can't see it resetting that quick.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried it twice and still its a no go. Now the netgear router isn't letting any of my devices onto the network
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** then look to be an issue with the router.

I want you to factory reset it. this is going to wipe it and return it to new, so you will need to set it up again like you did when you first received it.

To do this, locate the reset button on the back of the router and using a pin or paperclip, push and hold this in for 10 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes, setup the router again and then connect the TV to it and tell me if it now functions please.