Steve
Steve, Consultant
Experience:  Steve is a consultant in the areas of computer software and programming, information management and networking.
47680681

I have a Canon MX472 all-in-one. I want to hook the fax to

Customer Question

I have a Canon MX472 all-in-one. I want to hook the fax to an internet phone line. Can not find the "Select line Type"
Category: Networking
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your issue. I'm assuming you have a VOIP phone line that you're connecting to.

To select the line type:

1. Press the Setup button.
  2. Use the arrow keys to select Fax Settings and press OK.
  3. Use the arrow keys to select FAX User Settings and press OK.
  4. Use the arrow keys to select Telephone Line Type and press OK.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Touch Tone and press OK.

Sometimes it's helpful to see a printed list of all the fax settings. To print this list, choose Fax Settings, use the arrow keys to select Print Reports/Lists and then use the arrow keys to select User's Data List.

If your Internet phone line is specifically set up to enable you to send and receive faxes, you probably don't need to change any other settings. However, if it's not a fax line, you should be aware that these types of phone lines weren't developed with faxes in mind, and fax transmission and receipt can be troublesome. You might need to make some other changes to the transmission and receipt speed (change to 9600) and perhaps turning error correction off (ECM TX and ECM RX). You'll know better once you send some test faxes.

Both Canon and Hewlett-Packard provide phone numbers you can use to test your fax machine. You can send a one-page black-and-white fax to the number, and about two to seven minutes later, you'll receive a fax back from that number. The phone numbers to use are:

Canon USA 1-***-***-****

HP: 1-***-***-****

I hope this helps you. Please chat me back if you have questions or this doesn't solve your issue and we'll get it fixed!