Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I am trying my wansview ncb541w camera to connect to the

Customer Question

I am trying my wansview ncb541w camera to connect to the internet. But I can not find it using the software supplied with the camera. I can view the camera locally just fine.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you cannot find the camera over a remote link (that is, through the internet, not from a local point of accessing the camera and not within the local network the camera is physically a part of), then your local router (and/or your local modem/gateway box) is blocking the ports used to access it.

This can be remedied by putting in a port forwarding for that one IP Address on your local network... or a similar measure... in the router box's admin configuration.

Determine the port that you are accessing the camera remotely with (e.g. 51.120.5.66:103 where the :103 is the port you are calling to the camera through).

Set the camera to a fixed IP Address (necessary for the port forwarding to work properly.)

Go into the router box's

admin

setup utility, and go to the Port Forwarding section there. Port forward inbound calls to the fixed IP address of the camera and port 103 (in this instance... it may well be a very different port number!)

That's about it.