Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

My router isn't visible to my main PC, it appears on my

Customer Question

My router isn't visible to my main PC, it appears on my smartphone and this laptop... someone elses router shows on there
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that your main PC has been connected - by WiFi I presume? - to the wrong router by mistake.

You need to, first, disconnect it from that router.

Then, you need to go into your Connections (or Network Connections) and remove the WiFi connection to that router.... but this process could be the wrong thing to do if you do it wrong, so please tell me your Windows version, on your main PC, and I will instruct you as to exactly what to do.

(In outline: you don't need to remove your entire WiFi connection. Rather, you need to disable the connection to the wrong router. It's a simple process, but varies a lot in detail between Windows versions.)

After that, connecting to the right router (provided it 'shows up') will fix matters.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

So let me know your Windows version on you Main PC, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiIt is a windows 8 OS, when I say it isn't visible I mean that it doesn't show in the network box, it is already disconnected from the internet therefore I am using my laptop to hold this conversation....It is a Virgin router/wifi box had should be showing on two frquencies 2G and 5G it is showing on neither
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. What is the model # ***** the Virgin router/WiFi box, please?

I need to know its model #, in order to tell how to proceed with this case, please. Thanks.