Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

I have a dell latitude d630, recently clean w/fixit stick.

Customer Question

I have a dell latitude d630, recently clean w/fixit stick. apparently something was changed. I can get internet service but will not pickup websites. any suggestions
george
Category: Networking
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Gary and I will be assisting you today. Do you only use Internet Explorer for accessing web sites? Do you have any other web browsers installed (such as Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc)? Is this problem occurring for all of your web browsers or just Internet Explorer?

Open Internet Explorer then press alt-x. This will open up a list on the right-hand side. Select Internet Options, once the window is displayed, click on the Connections tab, verify that there are no entries in the window labeled "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings." If there are any entries, click on them one at a time, then click on the Remove button. Next, Click on the LAN Settings button. On the "Local Area Network (LAN) Settings" window, uncheck the "Proxy Server" box if it is checked. Check the "Automatically detect settings" box (if it is not already checked), then click on OK in all of the open windows to save the settings. Now try to connect to the internet. Please let me know if this solves you problem. If not, let me know and we will continue working the problem.

Thanks,

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work.show modern and wireless on just no websites

Do you exclusively use Internet Explorer? If you have Firefox or Chrome, have you tried accessing the internet using them?

Gary

Can you give me a little more information by what you mean by "That didn't work." Were you able to open Internet Explorer and get to the "Internet Options?" Were you able to see the settings I described? This will help me to narrow down what we should troubleshoot. Let me know these things then I can continue helping.

Thanks,

Gary

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have always used ie, I have chrome but it does not respond. The CPU recognized the service , where it getting to CPI yet it something that want allow it to display. Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage.

OK, thanks for the information. What about my other question: Were you able to go to "Internet Options?" What were the LAN settings? Was there anything in the proxy fields?

We could get through this a lot more quickly with a phone conversation. If you would like to do this via a phone call, please accept the offer for additional services and I can call you. If not, don't accept the additional service and we can continue via this chat tool.

What do you mean when you say that chrome "does not respond?" Does that mean that chrome won't come up, or does it mean that chrome comes up on the screen, but it cannot connect to the internet and gives an error. If so, can you please report what the error message says?

Can you please also verify that your computer has an IP address? To do this, press Start, then enter "cmd" in the Run field and press return. This will bring up a command prompt window (black window with cursor where you can enter commands). Please type "ipconfig" and press enter. Please report what your IP address is (something like 192.168.1.111).

Thanks,

Gary

o