Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

We cannot get a wireless connection on our tv.

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

How far is the router from the tv?
If possible, can you please (at least temporarily) plug the tv directly into the router via a wired ethernet/lan cable, and let me know if you can get connectivity that way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The router is 1 room away. I can't plug the wire into the tv because it needs to remain plugged in to the modem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there? We have Charter Cable tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you trying to solve the problem? I have other things to do today?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for missing you.

Please send only one reply, and give me an opportunity to respond. When you send multiple replies like this you're pushed down the queue each time and it takes even longer for me to get any of them.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Regarding the cord, you should have multiple ports on your router (not the modem) to which the tv can be plugged. This is not necessarily a long term requirement, but part of the diagnostic process.