Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

I have cisco cameras wvc80n at my small business i had older

Customer Question

hello i have cisco cameras wvc80n at my small business i had older computer took out bought with windows 10 ..i got cameras coming into the computer fine can see all exct but porting back though router to my cell im not getting any thing i went into router and checked new number if changed still not come to my cell
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The company you are porting through needs, from the sound of it:

1. the correct 'numbers' (IP Address(es)), of course, but also

2. to be allowed access through firewalls.

Firewalls in your local networking may be blocking access from the 'company' you speak of, since the company in question is out on the internet, and must access your cameras through your local gateway-to-the-internet box, and that gateway box (and perhaps your local router box also, if the two are different and if you have both) has a firewall to prevent illicit and unwanted access generally from outside (on the general internet-at-large) to your local network.

So tell me about how the cameras connect to which local box, and how that local box is connected to the general internet, through what other boxes, computers, etc. And I will advise you more specifically.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Russel ...It might be better if yu looked at for me do yu have the program where yu can come in fix for me :) I'm porting though Dyn.com my email***@******.*** my last address to my computer is 135.26.201.29
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I don't think that remote access and remote control is likely to work well over the internet on a case where the internet firewalling for your local network *is* the problem. But since you have expressed that as a preference, I am Opting Out, in favor of an Expert who wants to try that approach for you. (This does not cut off communication, I can still see your replies and postings and respond to them.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell its ok I noticed something the other day made me wonder what u said on my screen is the little icon camera where yu click to open cameras ....well on the screen attached to that tiny camera symbol is a blue & yellow like icon stuck to the little camera was never there before and when i click and open it say click & run administrator ?? but that is attached to little camera and was never there on old computer .....thanks for looking wish i was sharper RD
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Is the blue and yellow icon like a very small shield with four parts, like this?:

http://www.sevenforums.com/geek/gars/images/4/7/types/thumb_UAC_Sheild.png

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If so, try right-clicking on that little icon, and selecting Run As Administrator... for what it's worth.